Universal and effortless access to reliable and sustainable potable Water supply and well managed water resources to ensure availability for other uses – irrigation, hydro power, mining, and tourism.
To provide strategic leadership for the sustainable management of water resources to enhance socioeconomic development for the benefit of all Sierra Leonean households, commercial and Industrial entities.
The Ministry’s mandate is to
- Provide water sector leadership
- Formulate policies, regulations and standards for the water sector
- Ensure that the population is provided with adequate and reliable potable water supply
- Ensure that the country’s water resources are properly managed
- Engender collaboration and corporation amongst Water Sector stakeholders